Sunday, July 21, 2019

Vitamin D deficiency

I felt compelled to read this book after hearing the author, Steve McNeil, a self-proclaimed video gaming comedian,  interviewed on a retro gaming podcast that I listen to. This is clearly a labour of love for McNeil. I find his writing style entertaining, and he does a good job of chronicling the history of the video game industry. While I enjoyed reading this book, I noticed an error on page 193. The author writes that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Simpsons arcade games were published by Taito. They were actually published by Konami. The pedant in me was also distracted by formatting errors, such as not italicizing the titles of games. Hopefully these will be rectified in a future edition.

https://www.stevemcneil.co.uk/my-book

No comments: