Friday, May 17, 2019

Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality

Bob Hawke 1987 portrait crop.jpgAs I prepare to vote in the Australian federal election this weekend, I cannot help but reflect on the careers of previous Prime Ministers that I liked and respected. Bob Hawke, who passed away last night at the age of 89, was one of them. Not only that, but almost every political commentator I have read or listened to ranks him as one of the best leaders in Australian history.

Malcolm Farr is one of the elder statesmen of the Canberra press gallery. In this tribute to Hawke, it's a pity his work is let down by shoddy proof reading. What does "layer served" mean? We also read that in 1979, Hawke was "presidency" of the ALP. There is also a sentence that ends without a full stop. 


By Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website – www.dfat.gov.au, CC BY 3.0 au, Link

No comments: