Saturday, June 25, 2016

Rule Britannia

I'm posting this a day behind the news cycle, but the United Kingdom has voted in a referendum to leave the European Union.

As the satirical Christian news site Babylon Bee reports, this is going to create problems for the end times scenarios sketched out by some Christian eschatologists. From what I can gather, these scenarios depend on nations gradually forming into trading blocs, which will eventually become supra national governments, of which the European Union is a prototype. They speculate that there will eventually be similar unions in Africa, Asia, North and South America, and the nations of the Pacific. These unions are a stepping stone to a global government.

Rather than obsessing over the details of how and when human history will come to its climax, it's wiser to make sure that I'm prepared for such events so that I and any descendants I may have are right with God, and seeking to make my calling and election sure (2 Peter 1:10)

http://babylonbee.com/news/dispensationalists-frantically-adjust-charts-include-brexit-vote/

No comments: