Friday, April 29, 2016

Head shots from different angles


The reader of this blog may or may not have noticed that it hasn't been updated for a few days. The main reason for this is that my laptop has been sent away for repairs. Occasionally I write about hit songs that were in the charts this week exactly 40 or 50 years ago, but this time I'll look at another year.

When I was younger I went through a phase in which I was heavily into British art rock band, Genesis. In 1981 their lead singer, Phil Collins launched his highly successful solo career with In the Air Tonight, the first single from Face Value, his debut solo album. In so doing he inspired a generation of annoying air drummers. On May 1, 1981, it was the number 2 single on 3XY's Top 40 chart, and was also a massive hit around the world.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Badgerdarkness/3xy_top_40___01_may_1981___melbourne_vic_australia/

No comments: