Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mirth

Another amusing book cover I came across at work. We've spent the best part of the last 18 months processing some 5000 volumes we purchased in bulk from another theological library in Queensland that closed down. There's quite a number of books that I wouldn't choose to read myself, but it's unprofessional to allow your personal prejudices to dictate what does and does not go into your library. Being selective has its place, but your main focus should be to give your readers what they want. Seriousness aside, this particular tome was published by Epworth in 1967. Other than that he was a British Methodist pastor, I wasn't able to find any information about John J. Vincent's background. It caught my eye because I think he bears a slight resemblance to actor Clive Owen. I might actually read it as well.

2 comments:

Glen O'Brien said...

And what's the amusing part exactly?

Ross said...

That the author looks like Clive Owen.