Friday, September 09, 2016

Two wrongs

Comedian Amy Schumer has forged a successful career from cultivating a sexually explicit comic persona on stage, television, and movies.

Last week she had a heckler thrown out of a show in Stockholm. Don't get me wrong. I'm absolutely not saying she brought it on herself. The heckler's comments were appalling. I am saying that there's blame on both sides.

A substantial body of literature shows that male sexual desire is triggered by visual cues, or visual cues from spoken words. I won't be watching any more episodes of Schumer's television series, because I don't want to fill my head with her crude material. It degrades her, and women as a whole. I don't want any part of it. I don't know anything about this heckler's background, but I wish he'd do the same.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-05/amy-schumer-heckler-show-us-some-respect/7813450

No comments: