Sunday, May 22, 2016

Dregs

The federal election is now less than eight weeks away. I've decided already that I will not under any circumstances be voting for the Australian Labor Party. Labor believes in affordable and accessible health care and education, and looking after the common man or woman. I also believe in these things, but modern Labor has become far too radical and beholden to urban leftist elites for my liking.

As former Labor parliamentarian Kim Beazley Sr once said:

"When I joined the Labor Party, it contained the cream of the working class. But as I look about me now, all I see are the dregs of the middle class. When will you middle class perverts stop using the Labor Party as a cultural spittoon?"

Beazley made this statement at a Labor Party conference in 1970, but what he said back then just as easily applies to the modern Labor Party.

Daily Telegraph columnist Piers Akerman articulates why I won't be voting Labor.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/piers-akerman-vote-labor-in-haste-regret-at-your-leisure/news-story/937cbb7e850e1c1c02c27dbc07d412d8

No comments: