Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What's wrong with this picture?

Within the geek subculture is a large cohort of action figure collectors who are usually of adult age. Factory production error figures are often highly sought after by this collectors. Either there are mistakes made with the manufacture of the figure itself, or it has been packaged incorrectly. I have no children of my own, nor am I an uncle. That doesn't stop me from looking at toys occasionally.

I was in a department store the other day when I came across this. I didn't buy it as I try to avoid impulse purchases. Any Star Wars fan will know that this is not Luke Skywalker. Either that, or Star Wars has jumped on the transgender bandwagon. This is actually Toryn Farr. She helped coordinate the Rebels' evacuation of Echo Base in one scene in The Empire Strikes Back.  

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Toryn_Farr

No comments: